Thursday, February 17, 2011

Violin

I had asked if I could learn violin here, so Mummy signed me up for it. When I went to my second lesson, I got my violin to take home. Here are some pictures of it and the bow:










Surprise! It turned out that violoncello meant cello. Here is another picture:

So now I’m learning cello. The cello isn’t very nice, but it works. The bow, however, is downright horrible. I can’t even tighten it enough, and the hairs keep coming out! Here are some of the problems:

My teacher is really funny because his teeth are crooked in an almost evil way, but he’s really nice at the same time. He has very tan skin, and his head is shaved. He speaks mostly in Italian, so I can only understand half of what he says. He’s a very good at cellist and also a really good teacher. He’s kind, encouraging, and patient. I really like cello, and I might even continue it at home. 

Love, 
Jeremy









5 comments:

  1. Jam jam. I am sorry to see that even at your tender age you are having trouble with hair ..... Grandad and daddy have had lots of problems but they are much oldr. Only grandfather has lots,,,,, keep practicing until may because we are looking forward ti the first cello concerto by Jeremiah hooks. Love you Guess who.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeremy,

    I saw a "violin" in the pictures since that was the name of your post. It wasn't until i looked a second time that i realized that with Florence(?) standing next to it, that it's a bit bigger than your last instrument. Wow! I like the idea of stretching the boundaries and using this time away to try out new and different things. Is it much harder to play?

    Granddad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if this was how Yo Yo Ma began??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have to carry that back and forth to your lessons?

    Anonymous Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are there any good music stores in Todi? Would like to see what an Italian guitar looks like!
    Trey

    ReplyDelete