Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Present for Mummy


I just finished knitting a tea cozy for Mummy! I have been working so hard on it and I have finally finished. It is useful and stylish, two in one! It only took me about three days to make!
I was bored one day and Mummy said I should knit a tea cozy.  I didn’t really think it was possible for the shaping and curving, but I managed. Mummy showed me how to short shape my rows and you have to turn around in the middle of the row! It is a bit confusing, but not too hard.
I have a picture below. Enjoy!
Mummy also got some cards in the mail! We all enjoyed seeing and hearing the funny things in the cards. Some of them described Mummy perfectly.  Our whole, non working, fireplace is filled with the colorful cards. Thanks!
Tomorrow, all of us are going out with our friends. James and Jeremy will be with Margarita and her dog Daisy, and Eleanor, Florence, and I will be going out with Maddalena. It will be a busy, but exciting day!
Love, 
Ashley 
Mummy's tea cozy!

To attach the sides together, I sewed in yarn and braided it so that I could tie the laces to hold the tea cozy on.

This is the bottom and it was the most annoying part to knit.

It looks like I braided the string holding the fabric across the spout, but that is something called toe weaving. No, I did not use my toes, just fingers!

5 comments:

  1. Ashley - I am very impressed! The bottom looks very complicated. I think I would have gotten intimidated and quit just thinking about it. You'll have to give me some lessons! Love you lots! -Jen-

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great, Ashley!

    Do you think I will be in trouble with Mummy for not doing anything for her birthday?

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful. Isn't fair to be that young, knit that well and write that well, too. But it is fun.

    Happy birthday, Alexandra! Had no idea. But then, does one really age in Italy?? Hope you are enjoying/enjoyed!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daily reports and photos bring back memories of a trip we took to that region years ago. It occurs to me that your blog reports, like any journal, would make a terrific book. Yes, a BOOK! Frances Mayes turned the re-do of her house in Tuscany into a publishing phenomenon. I think the Hook family adventure is much more compelling. I'm serious and only wish I had a contact in publishing. Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you imagine William listening to a Christmas card like the one I sent? He still cracks himself up every time he opens it. Happy birthday for tomorrow. What kind od gelato will you be eating?

    ReplyDelete