Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Not Too Impressive!


We went to the restaurant and we walked in. There was a waitress that didn’t seem to really notice us very much and she didn’t smile. She sat us down and within a few seconds she asked us what we wanted even when we barely had enough time to choose what we wanted.
We ordered and flipped over our glasses to be filled. They were dirty and there was food floating around in mine. Under the table, when the waitress wasn’t looking, I careful cleaned my glass so I wouldn’t be too grossed out.  
We had gnocchi for lunch and I also decided to have it for dinner to see what the difference would be. Well, let’s just say, the store-bought gnocchi we had for lunch was at least 100 times better. Also, it was quite expensive in the restaurant.
Florence’s pizza was pretty good. We think that the restaurant would be only good as a pizzeria. The pizza was not too expensive and it was yummy, but that was about the only good choice on the menu.
There was also a TV that was very distracting to James and Florence. They kept glancing up and if you asked them to pass the water, they were too busy seeing what was so interesting to them.
After we finally left, we wanted to go to the gelateria that just opened. The boys wanted to race there, but Mummy said that if they fought they wouldn’t get any gelato. That worked pretty well, but we were disappointed when we saw that there was NO GELATO! They said that there would be some later, because it’s a summer treat.
Jeremy is cooking dinner for tomorrow night.  He has already worked on it, and he says that his cake for dessert has turned out wonderfully.
Something that I think is funny is that I seem to be able to do my schoolwork more easily here. I have a great room to work in and I could treat myself by saying that I could go outside, when I’m done with work, but I don’t. I don’t know what it is, but it might just help to be in a different environment.
I am so glad that we have such a wonderful place, here in Todi, that just fits us! We have many friends, already, and people think we are the cutest things that ever existed. We are so lucky! I LOVE TODI!
Love,
Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Ashley --

    you are doing such a great job with the blog! I love reading about all the things that you do, as well as your "take" on everything. So glad that you like Todi and are enjoying your stay. But we miss you all here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we could almost call this Ashley's Italy blog. I love your record of what is happening, as well as the gimpses of how you feel about the town, the travels, and your family's activities there. I can almost picture you wearing that wonderful smile from morning to night, so happy with all around you.

    Keep up the great job of wtiting. Those of us who can't be there with you love your account of the trip.

    love you, Granddad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling Ashley
    Grandad and Kris have have said exactly what Grandfather and I have been thinking! I believe I see "author" as a future career for you!
    I guess the restaurant will not make it onto your list of favorite things.... Oh well, I am sure there are others.
    What is the weather doing? I hope all the clothes Mummy made are keeping you warm! In England it has been chilly and rainy, good thing I have the lovely sweater your Mummy made for me! Yesterday we went for a long muddy walk across the fields, fortunately nobody slipped and fell, but everyone's pant legs got caked with black mud! Laundry day today...
    Lots of love and kisses
    Vovo and Grandfather

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ice cream maker can make gelato. We just have to find a good recipe. I made avocado gelato once and it was really yummy. Well, Kris and I liked it! Don't know that the kids did much.....

    ReplyDelete