Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cozze!



Note the parsley on his nose
The mussels (“cozze”) for dinner were…mmmm…extravagantly good.  I sautéed chopped onions and garlic, then added chopped fresh tomatoes, gallons of parsley, and a euro’s worth of cooking white wine.   After a bit of simmering, I threw in the cleaned (thank you, Jeremy & Ashley) mussels.  After a few minutes, during which the pappardelle cooked (it’s a very wide pasta), it was pronto!  And delicioso!  James had three helpings after I taught him to use the empty shells to extract the mussels and eat them!
Serious yumminess in the offing

I'll post more pics of the dish once Tim and Alice get back together.  Momo doesn't work on my computer, and the pics are on my hard drive.
James slurping mussels
Love,
Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment