Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Six Thumbs Up!


I made dinner tonight and it was pretty plain, but the most popular yet! I got a six star report on my food. It WAS the most amazing pasta sauce! I didn’t follow the directions very much, but instead I used a few spices and cheese. I also had sausage that I got from the kind man in a butcher shop.
It didn’t take long to make at all, except that I forgot to get the pasta. Eleanor and I ran out to get it at about 7:15. We met a woman with a dog. The dog was as curious and cute as could be and started to wag his tail while jumping on us. After the woman had calmed the dog down she said, “Piano! Piano!” Now we know what people say to animals to mean “Gentle.” Fortunately, the store was still open and we walked quickly back to the house. It’s so nice that we can walk to a store for an emergency.
Anyway, after dinner I also had the most popular dessert! It was called granita. I used blood oranges (A type of orange that you can’t really find in Atlanta) to make the dessert. I boiled some sugar in a pot of water until it dissolved completely. Then I juiced up the blood oranges. I put the sugar water and the blood orange juice into a container and left the container in the freezer.  Every hour I took out the granita and used a fork to chop up the mix.
It made a very pretty, red color. I also made a fancy arrangement on the table. All was a peaceful dinner and I hope I can make that whole dinner again.
On TV we saw the funniest show! It is called Top of the Pops! There were many singers that caught our attention, but the big one was an Italian rapper! He was trying to act cool and use,” Oh, Yeah!” in the rap.  It may be hard for you to understand, but an Italian rapper was hilarious to see.
I have a few pictures of the dinner and dessert I took! Enjoy!
Love,
Ashley


This is the six star dessert! It has a great color doesn't it?

The best and most popular dinner!





P.S. -- James, Jeremy, and Mummy got to go see our new friend from church. The mother is quite fluent in English and they also have a dog named Daisy. The girl's name is Margarita. That name also means Daisy. Our new friend and their dog have the same name! How cool! 



2 comments:

  1. We are here with another Daisy! I'm sure ours is the cutest one - her second tooth is just about to come in!
    The granita sounds fabulous - can't wait to try it.
    Lots of love
    Vovo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another daisy how cool is that!!
    I have been catching up on your blogging and am now sitting here starving hungry!! It all sounds delicious, I am so impressed! Can I please order a takeaway??!!!
    Felix loves cooking too and he got an apron and little utensils and a "cooker" book for his birthday. He made us pancakes with damson jam for breakfast this morning, deeeeeeelicious!
    Titia and uncle Peter are here which is lovely and we are going out for supper tonight, I will let you know what we ate tomorro.
    Lol to you all Paula xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete