Thursday, February 10, 2011

More pictures!?

Jeremy got a Rubik’s cube and he also got instructions online about how to solve the puzzle. Now, Jeremy is the Rubik’s cube master! I think he could do it in two minutes by the end of this trip; that is, if he practiced everyday!
James has been working hard on dinner  today. He has even made a dessert and I can’t wait to taste it. It took a bit of work, though. We don’t have a mixing bowl here and we had to take turns whipping the eggs with a fork -- because we don’t even have a whisk. Mummy was whipping for more than an hour! I would not be surprised if all of our arms will hurt by the time we wake up in the morning!
We had to go out to a bakery to get the coffee for the dessert, and it took about twenty minutes! James has now made the best and biggest Tiramisu that I have ever seen!  Not saying that I have seen a lot of Tiramisu! I guess all that whipping was worth it.
Next week we are thinking about going to Venice. It won’t be a day trip, but only a few days. I can’ t wait to see all the pigeons and canals! Also, the churches and statues. Oh, it will be fun! I will make sure I have my camera with me!
Love,
Ashley
P.S.  I took these pictures from our most recent Rome trip of the Colosseum and a few other things. If you aren’t tired of pictures already, here they are:
This is half of the Colosseum.

The olden times. Can't you remember?

A bit of the old Roman pavement.  



Although it is hard to see, there is a cross on a stand at the Colosseum.

More of the Colosseum.

And More...

One of the sides.

A view from one of the arches looking out on the landscape.

Guess what, there's more!

This is James's Tiramisu! Yum!

James's yummy, but salty, dinner. There was a bit of an accident with the salt. Oops!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember the days I spent in the coliseum as a youth. I had to grease the wheel axles of all the chariots. You can see my stall from the first photo. Thanks for bringing back the good memories!

    ReplyDelete