Friday, February 4, 2011

Pictures from Alexandra and today's adventures from Ashley

Bathroom at hotel in Rome

Bathroom at hotel in Rome

Boys in hotel in Rome

Florence enjoying herself on the train to Todi

The road to our house (turn left at the top)

The road to our house (continued, after you've turned left)

The set of stairs and gate that lead to the stairs to our house

Our kitchen.  No, this is NOT an optical illusion.  The ceiling really IS that low there!


The functional elements of the kitchen.  The dishwasher is the far left on that wall -- looks like a cabinet

Another view of the kitchen -- plenty of table room.  Chairs are rather lacking in ...um.. charm?  Comfort? Oh -- Both!


Today in Todi, we were invited to go out with some new friends. They are about my age, thirteen. Eleanor, James, and I went with our three new friends to see some of the churches. It is too bad we can’t take pictures in the churches; otherwise, I would definitely put the pictures on this blog to show you.
Mummy took us to the park today and it was just amazing. The landscape was the most beautiful thing in the world. Also, there was an old drinking fountain from the Roman times.
Now that we are getting used to the small town I don’t think I will want to ever leave! That is, if only I could bring my friends, swimming, pets, and piano teacher here.
So far, we have been walking about a thousand steps a day! We are slowly getting used to all the walking and climbing, but we are very sore.  
I have noticed how much better I am at Italian. Just over these few days I have been learning so much. At first I was only listening and now I talk much more. I bet when we get back to Atlanta nobody will understand us because we will be talking in Italian. 
The shops are very small and it is always crowded when we come in. A lot of people just start staring at us because of how many people there are in the family and how much room we take! We only smile and keep going on to what we doing before.
I’ll just say, we are having a great time overall!
Love, Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing myself silly about all those steps. They are perfect, of course. How charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be in great shape when you return!

    ReplyDelete