Monday, February 21, 2011

Something I Have Never Tried!

Today we tried gelato! We couldn't have it before because they didn't sell it at this time. We walked all the way to the Bar and sat down after we ordered and were served. I got a cherry gelato and it was very good. Also, I had a cone and they almost tasted like ginger bread. That was my first time to try gelato! I LOVE IT!
They said that tomorrow they will be making more flavors. Nutella, chocolate, pistachio, etc. I can't wait.


We have met some new friends from mass and the mother speaks English pretty well. I hope we will be able to learn more from our new friends.

Florence made dinner tonight and it was great. I had made it before, but I didn't made the pasta myself. Instead, I got sheets of pasta. but they were too dry for the ravioli. This time Florence made her own pasta and also forgot the sauce on top, but it was still good. I don't think we need to try that recipe again!

I shall go off and tell more tomorrow for I have walked too many steps and I am too tired.
Love,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. All these posts about yummy food make me hungry!
    We had a new item for dinner tonight -the fishmonger sealed the salmon fillets into a foil bag and we baked them in a bag for 18 minutes -they were delicious! And no fishy smell on the kitchen...
    Hope your weather is better than ours - it was foggy and rainy and quite cold today.
    Love and kisses
    Vovo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let your Mom know there is a GREAT gelato place in Decatur, owned by an Italian family. Yummy right here in our own area!

    ReplyDelete