Thursday, March 31, 2011

Visiting a Palazzo

I felt the need to remedy our not having visited a single palazzo in Venice.  Having read about a Palazzo Davanzati in the tour book thoughtfully provided in the apartment, and noticing that it was on our way back to the apartment, this seemed to be an easy way to achieve this.

I had the kids' passports with me, so they were free. Michael & I paid 2 euros each to get in, and it was well worth it.  It had frescoed walls, a lace gallery, a WELL in the palazzo (built into the wall, no less), potties, showers (a large metal pan and what looked like watering cans), china, and furniture.  It was really great, and I do recommend it.  It's in the area just west of the Duomo in the (surprise, surprise) Piazza Davanzati.

For more information

Love,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment