Monday, April 25, 2011

The Last Sad Week


This week is our last week in Todi and the time has gone so surprisingly quickly!
I can’t believe that it was only three months ago that I was frightened to come to a new part of the world. I remember how nervous I was when I knew I had to speak a different language that I didn’t really understand.
Now I have learned so much in so little time and I wish we could extend the trip to a longer amount of time. There are so many people I hate to say goodbye to and this week I have to do it.
We are going out today to see what we have seen before, but to take MANY pictures to remember. Some of people I hope to remember are the butchers, Massimo, Cinzia, Daniele, Benedetta, Margarita, Madalena, Cinzia’s father, the disapproving neighbor (who is not really disapproving), Vinca( the downstairs neighbor), Orietta (our friend who does the most beautiful painting), our church choir friends, and so many others! Sorry, that’s a mouth full of people!  
I also can’t wait to get back to Atlanta and see all of you as well as seeing what our Daddy has done to the bathroom. Thank you, Daddy!
 I don’t think I need to do any other explanations for how many wonderful experiences and how much I fun I have had in Todi!
Love,
Ashley

3 comments:

  1. 'Well said, Ashley! I'm also sad for you, that you have to close the door soon on this special chapter in your life....Savor the moments this week! On a brighter note, we all look forward to seeing you and the rest of your family after your return home! Your blogs have been wonderful to read....Thanks to all of you for taking time to share them along the way!

    Love,
    Mrs. Tolentino

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to see you all too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So well said Ashley and it is true that you will always have a place in your heart for all of you new friends and to remember all of the wonderful things you have seen, places you have visited and the many splendid things you have done in so short of a time.
    love grandpa and grandma thrift

    ReplyDelete