Friday, April 8, 2011

God Bless the Master of This House...

As we were getting ready for our garden party this afternoon, Vinca bellowed up to whichever child was hanging out the window.  When I poked my head out, there she was -- complete with two rather unusual accessories: a deacon in vestment and an altar server.  She asked if I wanted the house blessed, since the deacon was going door-to-door offering a house blessing before Easter. 

Well, of course I had him sent right up (muttering apologies about the stairs).  So there we were and there he was, and our house and family have now been blessed.  We even have a glass full of holy water to be sprinkled at Easter. 

Easter blessings to all of you,

Alexandra

1 comment:

  1. How lovely that the house has been blessed - now you have holy mold! Seriously, that is a lovely gesture.
    I hope you are not all too miserable now that Michael has left, I am sure Granddad and Grandma will be able to cheer up the little darlings.
    Looking forward to seeing you
    Lots of love,
    Vovo

    ReplyDelete